Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Living The Hippie Life

Exactly one year ago, I said goodbye to what many people cling to -- Corporate World. (I can hear oohs at the back of my head haha)

So far, this has been the best decision I ever made in my entire life because I freed myself from many things and have allowed myself to grow and learn. I freed myself from the moral, social and political norms of the corporate structure. I freed myself from a programmed life, a life that is lived just to survive. I freed myself to do the things I want to do, to let the Universe take its natural course and to just follow its flow. And this completely changed the way I see things and basically how I live my life.

"To be a hippie you must believe in peace as the way to resolve differences among peoples, ideologies and religions. The way to peace is through love and tolerance. Loving means accepting others as they are, giving them freedom to express themselves and not judging them based on appearances. This is the core of the hippie philosophy."

Leaving the corporate world was the first step I ever made towards personal growth. It started to revolutionize my little world. Now, I am proud to live a life that is so hippie I no longer belong to any establishment, religion, or class. And every single day, my happiness and wonder with life grows tremendously.

"Our society only permits you one or two weeks a year of freedom to pursue your own agenda. The rest of the time we are slaves to the system. Hippies reject the 9 to 5 lifestyle and therefore are objects of ridicule by those whose lives run by the clock. Programmed people are jealous and resent the freedom we possess. The unmitigated freedom that hippies represent is the greatest threat to any system in which control equals power."

I don't exactly remember when and how I was transformed. I just woke up one day and I realized that I am more concerned about the Earth and the Universe. haha.

"So being a hippie is not a matter of dress, behavior, economic status, or social milieu. It is a philosophical approach to life that emphasizes freedom, peace, love and a respect for others and the earth."

My birthday comes right after the day I left "the normal world" so it's like a rebirth for me. And since I'm one hippie year old now, I will celebrate it the hippie way -- my way. :)

Let Freedom, Peace and Love rule our world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Social Bookmarking