Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

DIY Notepads

I've been looking for a notebook or even small pieces of paper I can write on and I noticed that we ran out of notepads! Eeek! It's one of the most dreadful thing that we can lose in our home-office, at least for me.

And since I honestly don't want to head out to the nearest bookstore and simply purchase notepads, I thought I'd get a little creative with Mr. Snuggles' old, unused planners and make my own notepads. Well, I still went to the bookstore to purchase the padding glue for this DIY project. haha









































Here's how I did it:

1. Cut up the old but unused planner into your desired size using a cutter. I was lucky that Mr. Snuggles' 2008 UP Planner had nice lines that were almost equally laid out on every page. I used a ruler and tore some of the pages by hand just because I like how rugged hand-torn paper looks like. (And the fact that I couldn't find my cutter and I was really excited to cut the pages lol)

2. Align the edges that you plan on gluing together and use a clamp to hold them together.

3. Apply a generous amount of padding glue on the side you clamped. Padding glue comes in white, which dries off clear, and in red which dries off, well... red. :) It would be better if you use a heavy object to

4. Let it dry and voila! You have yourself a lovely notepad!


A visual how-to right here:




































My notepads were a huge success at home and I might design other pads as party favors, giveaways or gifts. Will definitely keep you guys posted!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Social Bookmarking